High Definition (HD) Film Transfer
Delivered on Blu-ray or hard drive
HD (720p): $0.70/foot
Full HD (1080p): $0.80/foot
Blu-ray copies: $25 each
Standard Definition (SD) Film Transfer
Delivered on DVD or hard drive
SD (480p): $0.50/foot
DVD copies: $12 each
How much film do you have?
|Reel diameter||Feet of film|
All prices listed are before 6.35% CT state sales tax.
- Rush deliveries can be accommodated at additional fee
- $45/hour sitting fee (in addition to service charge) for clients who want to work with us in studio
- $60/hour editing fee for editing of film footage
How It Works
What you need to do:
- You arrange your media in the order in which you want it transferred (chronological is most common).
- Call to arrange a drop off time for your media at my studio.
- You describe to me what you are looking to have done.
- Think about what you want to title your project.
What happens in our studio:
- All film is carefully cleaned by hand to remove any dust or mold that might be on the film.
- Cleaning fluid lubricates and conditions film prior to transfer.
- Any dried up, old splices are replaced with fresh splices.
- All work is performed on-site, locally.
- All transferred data one-of-a-kind. We do not keep copies of your project.
What we’ll deliver to you:
Straight (unedited) transfer of all original films. Editing optional.
- Delivered on DVD: Your discs will be printed with the title of your choice (inkjet printed disc face) and put in a protective hard case.
- Delivered on hard drive: You provide the hard drive, we return it to you at the highest quality, edit-ready Mac (.mov) or Windows (.avi) files.
“The colors are so much more vivid than they were before. We really love the work you did.”
“Just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that the Anniversary party and video were a huge success.”
“The film is so precious, and you handled it with such care! I loved sitting back and viewing our old family footage.”