Formats we Transfer
VHS and VHS-C, S-VHS and S-VHS-C, 8mm and Hi-8mm, Digital 8, Mini-DV tape
Delivered on DVD
Up to 60 minutes: $25 each
Tapes are combined to maximize usage of discs and save you money.
Delivered on hard drive or USB
$35/captured hour (based on tape running time)
Format options: .avi (Windows), .mov (Mac) or .mp4 (Windows or Mac)
Tape running times in modes
|Run Time VHS||Mode|
|6 hours||SLP or ELP|
|Run Time VHS-C||Mode|
All prices listed are before 6.35% CT state sales tax.
- Rush deliveries can be accommodated at additional fee
- $35/hour sitting fee (in addition to service charge) for clients who want to work with us in studio
- $50/hour editing fee for editing of video footage
How It Works
What you need to do:
- You describe to me what you are looking to have done.
- You arrange your media in the order in which you want it transferred (chronological is most common).
- Think about a title for your project because your discs will be printed with this.
- Arrange a time to drop off your media at my studio.
What happens in our studio:
- Video cassettes are transferred in real-time with studio-grade hardware.
- Tapes with shorter running times are combined to fill the DVD up to the 2 hour maximum.
- If we discover that longer playing run times were used when recording we will contact you to discuss how you prefer to move forward with your project.
- All work is performed on-site, locally.
- All transferred data is one-of-a-kind. We do not keep copies of your project.
What we’ll deliver to you:
Delivery on CD:
Your discs will be printed with the title of your choice (inkjet printed disc face) and put in a protective hard case.
Delivery on hard drive:
If you provided external hard drive or solid-state media (SD, USB, CF), project can be returned to you as edit-ready Mac (.mov) or Windows (.avi) files.
“Todd saved me time and gave me exactly what I needed: my old video tapes converted to editable .mov files (on the external hard drive I gave him). I consider myself an video editing hobbyist, and I needed the digital materials to get started making my own family videos.”
“I am so happy Vintage Images re-edited my wedding video. The main reason I wanted our wedding video done was to preserve my only copy which was still on “tape”. We don’t even own a working VHS player! I did not expect to see such polished, professional results.” Read Full Testimonial
“The result was fantastic. I couldn’t be happier. My kids can’t stop watching it and I plan to use scenes from the video for future anniversary gifts. Todd worked with me each step of the way and his constant assurance soothed my concerns.”